It's Happening to Me
I have experienced violence: I am concerned for my health, personal safety, and wellbeing.
Recognize the signs of power and control in your relationship. I am a victim.
- Do they always make me feel like it is my fault when it may not be?
- Do they criticize me, controlling my appearance, and what I do?
- Do they isolate me from my family, friends, and coworkers?
- Do they show an extreme amount of jealousy?
- Do they mentally, verbally, sexually, or physically hurt me?
Respond: Understand that this is not your fault and look for support.
- I can seek out someone I trust to let them know what is going on.
- I can determine if I am ready or wanting to leave.
- I can call or make an appointment with YWCA Spokane for help.
- I can ask a friend, family member, or coworker for help.
- I can make a safer plan with an advocate or trusted person to leave or upon staying.