I Want to Help
I want to support victims and survivors in our community.
Recognize the reality of Domestic Violence:
- Learn about the rates of domestic violence locally and nationally.
- Learn about the dynamics of power and control within Domestic Violence.
- Recognize how Domestic Violence affects my community.
- Learn about toxic masculinity and root causes of oppression and how they intersect with Domestic Violence.
- Learn how to create healthier, safer culture in your community.
- Learn how to be a positive bystander for someone in your community.
- If you recognize power and control dynamics in your own relationships, contact a certified local DV Treatment provider.
Respond: How to impact the prevalence of Domestic Violence within the Community
- Request a Domestic Violence training from the YWCA Spokane.
- Have a conversation with your friends/family about healthy relationships.
- Support your local victim service agency financially.
- Host a view party of “Violence Against Women, it’s a Men’s Issue”, or other impactful documentaries on Domestic Violence.
- Ask how your business can support a local victim service agency with clothing drives, events, fundraisers, or with awareness activities.
- Volunteer at a local victim service agency.
- You can be a positive bystander that doesn’t tolerate victim blaming statements.
- You can practice reinforcing positive masculinity.
- Support this initiative by donating to the “End the Violence” fund on Innovia’s website.